The biological agriturismo Pieve del Colle is in the center of our biological farm. We own 22 hectares and rent another 24. 36 of these we cultivate, the other 10 are divided in pasture, woods and a truffle-plantation with Perigord-truffle (nero pregiato).
Since 1978 we work our lands and grow various beans,fruits, vegetables and grapes. We raise pigs, lamb, geese, chicken, pigeons and rabbits. All natural and biological.
We use biological farming techniques, without any chemicals and with the use of crop rotation to preserve the natural fertility of the ground. The result ends on our tables where it can be appreciated by our guests.
Our Organic Products
- Fruits: figs, apricots, red and yellow plums, peaches, cherries, apples, pears, grapes, melons and watermelons, kaki, medlar and quinces.
- Vegetables: cucumber, tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, pumpkins, beans, salad, pepperoni, red peppers, sellery, carrots, rocket salad, onions, garlic, potatoes, cabbage, flowercabbage, fennel, leek and spinach.
- Legume: peas, borlotti-beans, lentils, chick-peas and horsebeans.
- Grains: barley, groats, corn, hard and normal wheat, of which we make 4 different kinds of flour: 0, 1, whole-wheat and semolina.
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts.
With loving care we breed our animals, on a natural way and feeding them home.grown fodder: pigs, cows, lambs,, chicken, geese, rabbits and pigeons. We also have a dog, Canaglia, a lovely cat, Mimma, and a donkey, Piro, the all time favourite of kids. For the children we created our learning farm. Here the children can learn about farm-life, work along and get to know the farm animals.
The Animals on Our Organic Farm
Sheep and lamb, cows (Frisian milk-cows) and calves, pigs (great whites) chicken and leghorns, rabbits, pigeons and geese.